Friday, April 03, 2009

Red Letters


I started a new morning devotional book today. The RED letters, edited by Timothy J. Beals. It is simply the saying and teaching of Jesus from the English Standard Version. I'm reading one phrase and reflecting on it at a time. I may not take time to record all my thoughts, but I think I will record a few. If anyone gets use out of these thoughts that's great, but mostly this blogging is for me. I type better than I write and I'd like to keep record of Jesus' words to me as I go on this journey with him every morning.

Today: Why where you looking for me? Did you not know I must be in my Father's house? Luke 2:49

Wow. The first words recorded from Jesus were questions. I've been amazed at the power of good questions lately. I find that it is easier to give answers than to ask good questions, but asking good questions is more powerful. I'd like to ask more questions.

Had Mary and Joseph already forgotten who Jesus was? Did you forget who I am? Imagine your whole life having to remind people who you are, even your mom? Remember me. Jesus doesn't force us to remember him, he wants us to choose to remember who he is.

I go to church. I lead ministries. I am married to a minister. I write about Jesus. I write about his church. Have a forgotten who you really are? Have I forgotten all that you are?

3 comments:

Amy T. said...

Great blog! Just found it on facebook. Thanks for sharing. I love to read your thoughts. Makes me feel like you're just around the corner instead of several states away. Also thanks for reminding me of that great scripture in 2 Chronicles. It was just what I needed to hear today. :)

krista petty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
krista petty said...

thanks amy! i've peeked at your blog too...you are so creative and giving all wrapped into one. wish we did live in the same town...and not just for your chocolatey treats and adjustments! (but that would be so nice!)