Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Rough Day on the Soul


Have you ever had one of those? I'm sure you have. Today was a doozy. Steve and I have come face to face with child abuse, sexual abuse, sexual addiction, sexual harrassment, and poverty among six different families in the last 48 hours alone. Ugly. It's almost too much to comprehend. I've never liked "doom and gloom" thinking, but today really did feel like the world went to hell in a handbasket. I was ready for this tornado to sweep me to Oz

All this brokenness, however, reminds me that God is a God of restoration and healing. Without brokenness being exposed for the ugliness that it is, the beautiful work of restoration can never begin. The exposing of it is so hard to hear, see, and feel.

So, today, I will be thankful for brokenness that leads to healing--even when it hurts my soul. God, I pray that you HEAL THIS LAND...

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. - 2Chronicles 7:14

No comments: